Sunday 23 October 2016

Man fishing by Max's beach

It's a very hot day and I decide to walk along the beach, I have passed the end of the wooden walkway and so am walking along the sand. I reach a rocky section where the sea is coming in and decide to sit on a rock. There are people sitting in a beer garden above me. I notice this man who has walked out onto a rock in his shorts with just a carrier bag and a fishing rod. He seems really content to just stand there in the way fishermen do and barely moves for the whole time I am there. While I paint several people pass and negotiate the slippery rocks. I have a short chat with a man who asks me if there is anything worth seeing beyond the rocks. Eventually the fisherman puts away his rod and leaves, he catches nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment