Wednesday 7 October 2015

London is a big city but sometimes you bump into people you know





Travelling on the Overground off peak presents an open vista for sketching as the carriages are not divided and passengers are seated opposite each other. From a sketchers perspective it is as if potential subjects are placed before you. The man in the hat noticed I was drawing him so I quickly switched to the feet of the people sitting next to him to his left. He was sitting opposite a woman who he occasionally spoke to, I assumed her to be his wife. When he got off a young woman replaced him, she was wearing a very short skirt in order to present her thigh tattoos. I was already engaged in the drawing of the woman in the striped top on her iphone seated further along the carriage.  As I turned back to the spot opposite me to begin the next drawing I saw YiTing was now sitting there, she was a student of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment