Tuesday 28 April 2015

The Masons

Having a few spare moments in Covent Garden while en route to The Courtauld Institute to deliver my last teaching session for the spring term. Its quite a sunny day and I am sitting on a rather over designed rubbish bin on a small traffic island. The Masonic Hall has long been a fascination of mine and I am often tempted to pop into their "shop". While drawing a taxi pulls up directly between me and the view and deposits a family of four; mother two children and grandmother. They sit down next to me on the over designed bin and I cannot help but tune in to their conversation. They are on a day out from Nottingham. After a while another taxi draws up and the dad appears, he works in London and is meeting his family for a holiday day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment