Tuesday 11 February 2014

Job interview in Debenhams

Considering the power of a single image to tell a story- the setting is Debenham's Clapham newly remodeled cafe, a location where I have in the past heard many stories and items of news both those related directly to me and those I have overheard. The two characters in the further distance are involved in a job interview, the interviewer is going through the motions and I have the impression that she has many more people to see. The woman with her back to me is young and full of enthusiasm, I find myself rooting for her to get the job even though I have no idea what it is. She genuinely seems to want it and though I have no involvement beyond having captured their likenesses I almost want to intervene and contribute my opinion.
The woman seated closer to me is alone and possibly waiting for someone to join her, I am aware that she is also party to the job interview and wonder what her opinion is regarding the current candidate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment