Sunday 22 September 2013

Railway bridge between Battersea and Wandsworth bridge

I am keen to draw helicopters taking off and landing at Battersea Heliport. Noticing that there is now an open view from the road behind Homebase I set off with Debbie Loftus for a sketching session. Cycled down on a windy and slightly drizzly morning we noted a good view of a stationary chopper on the tarmac.  However the noise protecting auditory screens only permit visibility when the viewer is in motion. As soon as you stand still the view disappears. This is most inconvenient for the passing artist. We had to move down river and make do with bridge repairs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I was one of the engineers on this project and would love to have the original of this sketch.

    Please contact me via my g+ or ryan(dot)m(dot)blunt(@)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete