Wednesday 27 July 2011

Pool side










This is a visual record of two weeks in July observing the pool side behaviour of the residents of Pueblo Miraflores near to Marbella in Andalucia. Over the time I made the sketches I also had brief conversations or exchanges with many of the subjects. They were mainly aware of being observed and curious to see the paintings. I met a man who had been a water-colourist himself but had to go back to his old job as a result of the economic situation in Ireland, another lady was doing an oil painting course and wanted to share with me how difficult she found colour mixing. One lady, who appears in several of the drawings, seemed to know everyone by the pool on first name terms. I discovered a great deal of information about her and her family from overhearing these conversations including what she would be having for dinner each evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment