Sunday 20 February 2011

Baby pictures




My mother told me that I would be sorry if I did not draw my children when they were babies. It was difficult to be thinking about sketching while trying to feed a small child and it was easier to draw them as they slept. When drawing your own children there is a more intense understanding of how they look and as they develop you become more familiar with their developing expressions. For this reason I found it gratifying to take the time out to draw them and when looking upon these drawings now I feel they have captured those precious moments with some level of accuracy and authenticity. I feel that I can also picture what was not in the drawings but in the surroundings, The colours and textures of the clothing and the temperature at the time.These sketches are special as they represent records of transient moments that might have passed without notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment